About the Festival
Milngavie Book & Arts Festival is being run by Milngavie Traders, who have set up a charitable company – Milngavie Festival Limited. This non-profit organisation will raise funds for the festival and for further festivals and events that we hope to organise in the future.
The objectives of Milngavie Festival Limited are to:
- Raise funds in whatever way the trustees deem appropriate for the enhancement of Milngavie town Centre Precinct in order that residents and visitors alike may better enjoy the amenity
- Enhance the Precinct in whatever way the Trustees, with the necessary approval of the local Authority, deem appropriate
- Encourage public participation in events held in the Precinct
- Promote civic responsibility in Milngavie as a whole
- Undertake any activity in the furtherance of the above objectives as the Trustees may deem appropriate
Milngavie Festival Limited will work to raise the profile of Milngavie Town centre Precinct and raise funds to enhance it, for the benefit of the people of Milngavie. it will work to increase local people’s enjoyment of the Precinct through activities such as introducing christmas Lights, developing flower gardens and holding events. we hope to involve the community – including amateur groups, schools and libraries – in what we do via performances and audience participation.
Thank you to the following suppliers for their services during our festival period.
When Nature Calls for providing toilet facilities over the weekend.
SCTCA for providing removals service for all the small wastage. They also provide van hire or a full man with van service. Based in Southampton
All the food stores who came and provided their lovely ranges of foods and beverages.
We Need Your Support
As a community-based festival which will be operated mostly by volunteers, we would welcome your support for this event. There are any ways you can help:
- Help us fundraise
- Give a donation
- Volunteer your time
- Get involved on the organising committee
If you are interested in supporting us or getting involved, please get in touch.